Once you start making your own chips and wedges, it’s hard to like the stuff you get in restaurants and fast food chains. Try this out and tell me if I’m wrong. Sweet potato wedges are a delicious addition to your thyroid food diet.
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes (you can also use yams), cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- sea salt, pepper and a touch of chili flakes
- optional (used in this recipe): Ras El Hanout, a Moroccan spice blend
- other options: dry tarragon, cumin, oregano or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425F or 220C.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with coconut oil, sea salt, pepper and whatever herbs you decide to use.
- Lay them out on parchment paper so they don’t touch each other too much.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning 2 to3 times.
- Leaving the door of the oven slightly ajar helps the wedges get crispy.
Kids love this. In fact, get your kids to help make this delicious and nourishing side dish.