Perhaps the combination of the seemingly savory ginger and sweet strawberries might seem like an odd one, but you know how it goes; the cliche of the opposites attract.
Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 cup strawberries; fresh or frozen
- 2 cup of any tree nut milk (almond, cashew, coconut) or seed milk (sunflower, hemp)
- 2 tbsp of raw honey or stevia equivalent
- a handful of raw almonds (or any other nuts like walnuts, pecans or macadamia nuts)
- 1 teaspoon of milk thistle (powder or liquid)
- ¼ teaspoon camu camu (you can order it online, food highest in vitamin C)
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp flax seed or flax meal
How To Make
- Combine strawberries, nut milk, ginger, flax seed, almonds and honey in a blender.
- Blend till either very smooth or somewhat smooth if you like chunks in your smoothie.
- Put on a good posture, drink it and start a great day.