A colorful, flavorful dish that is filled with excellent thyroid nutrition.
Raw Beetroot and Orange Salad
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
Serves: 4-6 servings
- For salad:
- 4 large beets, peeled and grated
- 2 oranges, cut to chunks
- cup of pecan nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thinly
- For dressing:
- juice of 1 orange
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup unrefined extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
How To Make
- You can prepare the dressing up to a week in advance by whisking orange juice, cumin and olive oil together. Store in a mason jar or salad dressing cruet.
- Just before serving, beets with orange chunks, pecan nuts and chopped parsley, dress at the table to suit your tastes.