Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe! Nettles are deeply restorative for many of our body systems, providing a variety of phytonutrients, Vitamins, and minerals. They are adrenal, kidney and urinary tract supportive and this tea is a wonderful general tonic.
Here are some of their key medicinal properties:
- Very safe, slightly diuretic
- Highly nutritive; calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and silica
- High in chlorophyll and vitamin C
- Gentle kidney tonic
- Uterine tonic
- Joint pain
- Hot flashes
If you wish to learn more about how to add herbs to your life to rebalance hormones, join the FREE online workshop “How to Use Herbs to Rebalance Hormones.”
- ¼ ounce dried nettle leaf
- Put the nettles in the jar
- Fill the jar with 1 cup of room temperature water. Top it off with 3 cups of hot water just off the boil.
- Tightly close the lid and allow to steep for 24 hours.
- Strain the plant material out (squeeze well).
- Enjoy warm or over ice.
Quart Jar (heat proof)
Refrigerate and drink/use within 24 hours.