Women often crave chocolate because our bodies need the magnesium that is naturally found in cocoa powder. However, most of the chocolate available in the stores tend to be filled with sugar, additives as well as other processed ingredients. Given that homemade chocolate only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time, it’s so much better to make a batch of homemade chocolate at home instead.
I developed this anti-Candida dessert recipe for Homemade Chocolate with Goji Berries and Chili Powder so that you can satisfy your chocolate cravings whenever it strikes. This recipe uses liquid stevia as a natural sweetener, so it does not increase your blood sugar as much as table sugar or other sweeteners would. To learn more about Candida causes, symptoms, and diagnosis, check out my recent post here.
To make the chocolate more interesting, I also added a hint of chili powder to give the chocolate a little heat. In addition, I included Goji berries, which have natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, to add a little flavor.
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in my book, Cooking for Hormone Balance.
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw Goji berries
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Grate the cocoa butter until it is shredded into small pieces
- Melt the grated cocoa butter in a double boiler or place the cocoa butter a small saucepan on top of a pot of boiling water.
- When the cocoa butter is completely melted, removed it from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, liquid stevia and chili powder. Mix well until combined and ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Use a spoon to pour the liquid chocolate into the cavities of a silicon chocolate mold. Top the liquid chocolate in each cavity with a few Goji berries.
- Let the chocolate chill for an hour in the refrigerator until it is firm before removing it from the silicon mold and serving.