Muffins are a tasty treat to have once in a while. They can be sweet or savory and are soft, bouncy and moist when freshly out of the oven. This is a great recipe for anyone struggling with egg, dairy, gluten and grains.
For this recipe, coconut flour was used. It is gluten-free and high in dietary fiber and protein – a wonderful alternative for all your baking needs. Mashed bananas were used in place of eggs – they make a denser muffin and add a sweet flavor.
A delicious, excellent addition to a hormone-balancing diet. This recipe is rather high in sugar, I therefore recommend do make it into a special treat rather than your daily food.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the bananas, coconut oil, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the coconut flour into the batter until there are no lumps.
- Fold in in the shredded coconut and almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are brown.