This is so good and so simple. If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, go slow on cabbage; it has goiterous properties so it’s best consumed only 1-2 times per week and always cooked. (Be sure to keep your thyroid diet foods balanced.)
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, cut to thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, chopped to round pieces
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ chili flakes
- sea salt
- Heat the oven to 325F or 165C.
- Arrange the cabbage wedges in a baking pan and scatter onion and carrot on top.
- Pour the stock into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Cover and bake for about 1.5 hours or till the cabbage is very tender.
- Take off the cover and bake for another 15 minutes for the cabbage to get crispy and brown.
For more recipes that support hormone health, learn more about my Cooking for Balance Program.