This baked stuffed pumpkin recipe is easy and fun to make. A perfect and nourishing meal for a cold winter dinner table. Also makes a tasty side dish for your dinner table.
Baked Stuffed Pumpkin
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
- 1 medium size pumpkin
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups of cranberries
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
- 2 stalks of sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut the top of the pumpkin off with a sharp knife, scoop out the seeds, rub the outside the pumpkin with some olive oil.
- Make the stuffing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stuff the pumpkin and cover it with the pumpkin top.
- Place the pumpkin on a tray and bake for an hour or until very soft when poked with a fork.
- Can be served as a main or as a side dish.